WHAT IS STEPS 4 SIGHT?
Steps 4 Sight is a virtual step-a-thon to support The Vision Project.
You can participate anywhere during the challenge by logging your steps online. You can run or walk by yourself or with your family at a time that suits you, and the application will take care of the rest. Simply track your steps using a step counter, fitness tracker, or your mobile device and register your steps at a time that is convenient for you using the Steps 4 Sight participant portal during the challenge period.
In addition to receiving an e-medal (to post on your social media), there will be Team and Individual Challenges to encourage friendly competition. Details to be announced shortly.
This step-a-thon is just like any other step-a-thon, but with one exception – you choose when and where you do it!
- Location: Anywhere.
- Duration: 2 Weeks (Sunday, September 13 to Saturday, September 26).
- Registration Fee: $10 per person.
- Requirements: A mobile device with a fitness tracking app (e.g., Apple Health or Google Fit), a wristband fitness tracker (e.g., FitBit or Garmin), or a pedometer. Not sure where to get a pedometer? Check out your local sports/fitness equipment store or visit Amazon.com.
Click here to view the user guide.
There’s still time to register and join the fun! Registration costs $10 and is a two-step process:
- First, scroll to the bottom of this page to register your name and pay your $10 registration fee.
- Second, create an account with ChallengeRunner – our step tracking platform – by clicking here, or visiting challengerunner.com/RegisterMember and entering the following Challenge Code: 80e740-2fxd on the registration form. You’ll know you’re on the right webpage if you see the Steps 4 Sight logo in the upper left-hand corner.
If you are interested in joining an existing team or creating a new team, you must first complete the sign-up form below and pay the $10 registration fee. You will receive a confirmation email with instructing you to create an account with ChallengeRunner – our step tracking platform. Once you’ve created your account, you will see Steps 4 Sight 2020 listed in your Challenge Log.
- To join an existing team, please follow the instructions in your email invitation or click “Select Team” (small orange box) and scroll through the available options. Once selected, click “Save” to become a member of the team.
- To create a new team, click “Select Team” (small orange box) and then “Create New Team.” Once you’ve entered your chosen team name, click “Save” to create the team and become a member. If you create a team, you will automatically become a member and the team captain, allowing you to invite additional members to join.
Are you interested in sponsoring the event. If so, please click here to email the organizing committee.
Already registered? Click here to login.